Frank’s ideas for a more successful Republican term
Although we were able to pass legislation with our Republican values, there were key legislative opportunities that were missed. I have served in the House & Senate since 1997 and these are some reasons I see where we failed:
- Lack of attendance on key Republican issues at session
- Prohibition of defending the Republican position against a committee report Lack of use of Parliamentary Procedure”on the fly” at session
- Wrong members on certain key committees
- Lack of Leadership input on Republican positions
- No co-ordination with Senate Republicans on key issues
I believe we can solve these problems and achieve more success on our agenda. Having served in both chambers, and certainly not beholden to any leadership teams of the past, I ask for your support as the next Speaker of the House.